- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, shortening or margarine
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter to the flour and mix either by hand or with a fork until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add all of the milk at once.
- Mix with a fork as best you can until dough follows the fork around the bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured counter and kneed five times.
- Roll dough about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or cup to cut rounds out of dough and place rounds on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
These biscuits are great as an addition to breakfast or a fun new way to eat your fav sandwich. Great for kids parties or to take as a snack on a hike.