- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups loosely packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP hot water
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 270g package of chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- Beat melted butter with brown sugar, eggs and hot water until smooth in a large bowl.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate small bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and beat well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- drop dough by the teaspoon onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes until light brown.
This is a sticky dough but there is no need to grease your cookie sheet. Depending on the size of cookie you make you will get between 2-5 dozen cookies (I make mine large) Keep your eye on these because they will go from brown to burnt quickly.