- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts (optional)
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Blend in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt, mix batter until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish (3.5L)
- Bake at 350F for 30 – 35 minutes