- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla and milk to butter/sugar mix.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate dough 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured counter to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutter and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Reroll dough ends until you have used all the dough.
- Bake at 400F for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a wire cooling rack, decorate and enjoy.
These are a fun cookie to make with the kids and can be decorated with any kind of icing. I prefer to leave my cookie dough overnight in the fridge and only roll out about half at a time while keeping the rest in the fridge. These are pretty good without any icing at all.